Cookies and taxes, huh? Yup.
So who am I?
- I am a mother (mom or mum depending on where you’re coming from)
- I am someone’s wife (he’s English, I’m British by emigration)
- I am an expat – American living in the UK
- I am a tax accountant (really – ergo the taxes bit)
- I am an amateur baker (ergo the cookies bit)
- I am a realist
- I am an early riser (and a light sleeper)
- I am a pedant
- I am slightly obsessed with bullet points (so tidy)… and ellipsis marks (so useful)
- I studied to be an Art historian and archaeologist (apparently, at career time, I couldn’t get past the letter A)
- I appreciate good spelling and grammar, although I may not always use it
- I am a card carrying member of overachievers anonymous – but I’m working on it
- I am good at sculpting things out of play-doh when given the chance
- I am a child of the 80s/ 90s (I think that makes me either Gen X or Gen Y). Either way, I have fond memories of listening to Pearl Jam and Nirvana as a teenager in my best friend’s basement whilst wearing the ultimate flannel button down found on a road side – so cool.
- And I’m learning every day that it’s important to hold hands when you cross the road, and look where you’re going, and not where you’ve been.